AMPATH Laboratory in KwaZulu-Natal is accepting self-referrals. Clients can use a normal COVID-19 request form, (completed electronically or downloaded from AMPATH website or completed at the testing site); Dr Jessica Trusler as the referring doctor.
AMPATH will provide a copy of the standard report, and a letter of confirmation together with an NRL Molecular Labs SANAS certificate.
Medical aids will not pay for COVID-19 tests for travel purposes, therefore Travellers must pay for these upfront, prior to collecting the sample. The cost is R850.00 upfront whether by EFT, Debit / Credit card or cash.
Travellers must supply their receipt/POP, use their ID number as a reference for EFT. Electronic ordering can be used.
Travellers are encouraged to register for the Patient Results App as this could be used as validation that their hard copy results are in fact genuine and from an accredited Lab, should this be questioned at a border post.
AMPATH COVID testing sites in KwaZulu-Natal
- Grace Church – Drive Through: Monday to Friday 08h00 to 15h00 by appointment. Contact Rosanne or Naomi on 031 580 0300.
- Dome Christian Church – Drive Through: Monday to Friday 08h00 to 15h00; Saturday 08h00 to 13h00; No cash facility; strictly credit card if paying at time of test. Clients will be helped if they haven’t completed forms prior to presenting at site.
- Pinetown – Drive Through: Monday to Friday 10h30 to 14h30
- Malvern Medicross: Monday to Friday 09h00 to 14h00; Saturday 0900 to 12h00
- Boshoff Street: Monday to Friday 08h00 to 16h00.