The results from ATTA’s 2021 Travel Recovery SnapShot survey have been released.
Throughout the year ATTA will be carrying out these “SnapShot” surveys at the end of every month to help build an industry-wide picture on the return of travel to Africa, including new habits and trends. Results will be shared in the first week of the following month.
The survey provides insight on:
- Who is actually travelling each month
- How they are booking
- What destinations are featured in enquiries
- What the lead time is on bookings
ATTA also felt that it is an opportunity to highlight the most common concern raised and how we can collectively address this.
January Key Points
- The Domestic Market was key for accommodation providers with the bulk of bookings being made direct.
- Lead-in times for bookings were either last-minute (both domestic and international) or 6 – 12 months in advance (international).
- Bookings are challenging to convert and flexibility for all parties is key
- Top 3 international markets are:
3. Continental Europe (specifically Germany)
- Top 3 destinations featuring in enquiries are:
2. Tanzania & South Africa (Equally)
Travel to Africa is in demand but confidence of actually travelling remains 50/50.
Click here to access the survey results.