Employers must complete the required forms. The employer or employee should then submit the completed forms through the following methods:
- A claim for illness can be lodged online at: ufiling.co.za. (Illness benefits)
- Email the application to the nearest UIF processing Centre. (Illness/ Reduced Work Time/Death benefits)
- Fax the application to the nearest UIF processing Centre. (Illness/ Reduced Work Time/Death benefits)
The UIF has relaxed some of their processes to accommodate the current circumstances caused by Covid-19 pandemic:
- The UIF will now accept ALL applications through email, fax and Dropbox. Please find email addresses and fax numbers in the Easy Aid for UIF Corona Benefits.
- Bank statements/confirmations (from verifying banks only) will be accepted instead of the UI2.8 form.