In an effort to continuously improve operational processes and passenger time optimisation, King Shaka International Airport have updated the current Passenger journey through the airport.
These adjustments will take effect from Sunday, the 16 August 2020.
King Shaka International Airport General Manager, Terence Delomoney says, “Our Operations team conducted a study on the current operating processes that were implemented under lockdown level 3 operations. These processes enable us to comply with the new regulations and are endorsed by the South African Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA).
This review has identified areas for improvement throughout the passenger journey; and is part of an ongoing assessment that enables continuous improvement”.
Passengers are still encouraged to arrive at the airport two hours before departure time. On arrival Passengers will be guided by signage and assisted where necessary by our staff.
The changes will affect the following areas of the terminal building:
Arriving at the airport
- The shaded parking and long-term parking remain closed under level 3 of the
- All parking is currently allocated at the Multi-Story Parkade (MSP) Level 0 until further notice. Airport entrances and access control
- Main terminal building entrance which is situated next to Woolworths will only be used as an exit for arriving passengers
- An alternate entrance, between Mugg and Bean and Exclusive Books will be used for processing departing passengers
- A queueing maze will be installed to facilitate efficient passenger flow