South Africa President Cyril Ramaphosa has announced a range of “extraordinary measures” aimed at stemming the spread of coronavirus in South Africa.
- Imposing travel bans effective 18 March to and from high-risk source markets, including South Korea, Italy, Iran, Spain, Germany, USA, UK and China
- Travellers from medium-risk source markets – Portugal, Singapore and Hong Kong – to present themselves for high-intensity testing
- Cancellation of visas granted to citizens from high-risk destinations
- Any foreign national who visited a high-risk country will be denied a visa
- Self-isolation for travellers who have come from high-risk destinations since mid-February
- Banning mass gatherings of more than 100 people