We have tourists from some tour groups that have tested positive, and this is putting staff in accommodation establishments and attractions at high risk. As such TBCSA has been instructed by the Ministry of Tourism to ask industry to cooperate fully as a matter of urgency on the below:
- All hotels that have tourist from high-risk countries should urgently compile a list of those tourists including the following.
- Personal details
- Entry date into South Africa (please look at Home Affairs entry stamp)
- Places visited by tourists
- No tourist from high-risk countries should be allowed to check-in or out of any accommodation establishments across the country. We need to assist them with contacting their embassies as well COVID-19 hotline: 0800 029 999
- The health officials will go to all establishments to test for COVID-19
- All embassies will be notified